Valsartan Recall Lawyer
Valsartan users diagnosed with cancer are holding drugmakers accountable for allowing a cancer-causing pollutant to contaminate this blood pressure medicine. NDMA and NDEA contaminated the manufacturing process. That impurity is linked to inducing tumors in the liver and other organs. It can develop during the manufacturing process when the chemical reactions are not carefully observed.
Lawsuits allege that many clusters of Valsartan were contaminated with carcinogens called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) and N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA). These were primarily manufactured in China and India. The Valsartan recall attorneys at The Willis Law Firm are investigating claims for victims of this contaminated pharmaceutical.
Was Valsartan Recalled?
Not all Varsatan medicines are involved with the recall. The Valsartan drugs that have been recalled were sold from 2012 to 2018 by:
- A-S Medication Solutions LLC (Teva/Actavis & Prinston/Solco)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA labeled as Actavis, AvKARE (Teva/Actavis)
- HJ Harkins Company Inc. dba Pharma Pac (Prinston/Solco)
- Hetero Labs, Inc. labeled as Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bryant Ranch Prepack Inc. (Teva/Actavis)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals labeled as Major Pharmaceuticals
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. labeled as Solco Healthcare LLC RemedyRepack Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals (Teva/Actavis)
- NuCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- RemedyRepack, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- RemedyRepack, Inc. (Torrent)
- AvKARE (Hetero/Camber)
- Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
Alternatives to Valsartan Are Available
Consult your physician about whether you should switch medicines. It’s dangerous to stop taking a blood pressure medication. Patients can switch to a different manufacturer or another medication in the same class of drugs. There are eight drugs on the market in the same category.
Lawsuit For Cancer Caused by Valsartan
People who took the drug from 2014 to the present may qualify for a claim if they were later diagnosed with cancer. The cancers could include:
- Bladder cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Intestinal cancer (including colon or rectal cancer)
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Liver cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Non-Hodgkins lymphoma
What are the symptoms of exposure to NDMA?
In the short-term may exhibit such symptoms as:
- liver fibrosis and scarring
- nausea and vomiting
- impairment of lungs, liver, or kidneys
- enlarged liver
Lawyer for Valsartan Recall Lawsuit
Please contact us to talk with a Valsartan recall attorney to see whether you or a family member may be eligible for financial compensation as a result of major health problems caused by Valsartan. David P. Willis is board certified as a personal injury trial law specialist. Our Houston personal injury lawyers help patients and families all over America. We achieve excellent results for clients hurt by dangerous drugs. Please call us at 713-654-4040 or 1-800-883-9858.